I don't really get the Cogent/Google peering issues. I've been hearing this for
years... How about fixing it already? Telling customer to get other transit
providers to get to a given network is really bad.

On a side note, HE is still HE but they're trying really hard to be a good
netcitizen. They've finally pushed filtering for peers: http://routing.he.net.
I wouldn't get transit from them, but in some markets, they're the only
affordable IP transit providers.