From: NANOG <nanog-boun...@nanog.org> On Behalf Of Seth Mattinen
Sent: Wednesday, 12 December 2018 9:59 AM
To: nanog@nanog.org
Subject: Re: A few GPON questions...

I've had jobs where management refused to consult with or consider suggestions
from IT. I once was part of an office move where the modular furniture vendor
started asking questions about cabling was entering and port locations blah
blah. They were told by management they don't need to know that and IT will
just figure it out later. The vendor was like no way, they need to be involved
now or we won't proceed. Then IT was brought in at the last minute, but if the
furniture vendor hadn't refused to proceed the plan was literally F the IT guys
and make them figure it out all the cabling over the weekend before everyone
was to move in. Management like that just gets worse until you line up another
job and quit.