I agree with Tomas here.  I run multiple versions and never have Nant or
similar tools in my path.

The environment variable is just one more thing to get wrong.  A
pre-defined property could never be incorrect.  Having to set
environment variables before a build will succeed has always seemed like
a hack to me, and it's been the source of many a wasted hour trying to
figure out why something won't build.  It's also why it's often
difficult to build a new build server.