No comments other than just this morning I was thinking the same thing.  Let's have a
release!

 - Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernard Vander Beken [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 2:39 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [nant-dev] FAQ: The next NAnt version

Hello,

Every few months since the latest release, someone asked when the latest
NAnt version was going to be replaced. This was no coincidence.

Problems:
- The latest non-CVS NAnt version (0.7.9.0) dates from June 11.
- Too often, problems are reported that were fixed a long time ago or
are related to NAnt/NAntContrib confusion.
- Many support seeking NAnt users need to be directed to the CVS version
of the day, which is the 'recommended' version.
- NAnt dependencies, from NAntContrib to build servers, should have a
NAnt version to be compatible with.

In short, bringing out a new release (0.8.0) is needed.
Note: A combined NAnt + NAntContrib package Would Be Nice as well, but
first things first.

I suggest a no-new-features-are-needed approach for this version.
The question is: What really *needs* to be done before the new version
can be released?

I am aware of the NUnit to NUnit 2 migration, and have been able to use
the latest NAnt and NUnit 2 using the exec task/console runner workaround.

Ready.
Steady.
Shoot your comments,

Bernard