--- Dave Bettin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey guys,
> Log4net has been succesfully compiled and ran on mono. Also there is a mono
> debugger gui that can be used to track down problems. Perform a cvs checkout
> on "mono-tools" to get the debugger.

On log4net, I guess I was wondering what feelings are on using it inside of
NAnt.  I will check out the debugger and that may get me around the immediate
difficulty (assuming I can figure it out). It is also a pretty convienient
debugging tool if you don't have a step debugger available, such as when you
are have problems in live systems.  Set the priority to debug and watch your
log fill up ;-)  If it were to be used, NAnt source files would have to add a
using log4net and optionally setup a category (or use the root category).  It
would also make something like
<logger filename="build.log" format="some log4net format string" />
possible and an addition to the xml log now there.