As a former Jakarta Ant user, I am always migrating scripts from Ant to NAnt as I am porting code from Java to C#.  I am curious why the Property Task does not have the attribute “File” for loading properties from a text file.  (http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/property.html)  I know that NAnt is based on Jakarta Ant and I thought that most of the functionality was brought over as well.  If the reason is simply that no one has done it, I will contribute and add that to it.  If there is another reason, I am just curious what it is.

This could also be phrased into a more general question about the functionality differences between NAnt and Ant.   I will try to sort through the mailing lists to see if there were some decisions made about why some things should not be brought over, but if anyone has any quick answers in the mean time, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Brenton House