Ian MacLean wrote:

> Brenton House wrote:
>
> > As a former Jakarta Ant user, I am always migrating scripts from
> > Ant=20 to NAnt as I am porting code from Java to C#. I am
> curious why
> > the=20 Property Task does not have the attribute =93File=94 for
> > (http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/property.html) I
> know that=20
> > NAnt is based on Jakarta Ant and I thought that most of the=20
> > functionality was brought over as well. If the reason is simply
> > that=20 no one has done it, I will contribute and add that
> to it. If
> > there is=20 another reason, I am just curious what it is.
> >
> With NAnt the <import> task is the preferred means to import
> a large set=20 of properties. The import task pulls in an
> included build file where you=20 can define common properties
> using the <property name=3D"foo" value=3D"ba= r=20 /> syntax.

By <import> task do you really mean the <include> task? I can't find an
<import> in the list of supported tasks, but <include> seems to match what
you describe. Or is <import> a new task that will replace the <include>
functionality?

Phil

DISCLAIMER: This email and files transmitted are confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended
recipient, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, you may not copy, disclose, distribute or use it in any
unauthorised manner.  If you have received this email in error please notify
us by telephoning on 01902-554455 or by email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and then delete it and any attachments
accompanying it.  Please note that Wolverhampton City Council cannot guarantee
that this message or any attachments are virus free or have not been
intercepted and amended.
Any views or opinions expressed within this email are those of the author and
may not necessarily reflect those of Wolverhampton City Council and no
contractual arrangement is intended to arise from this communication.