Tom Cabanski wrote:

I agree with your points on the cast.  My general approach is to try to
keep the number of parameters passed as small as possible to reduce
coupling.  I certainly should not have cast without checking the type.
I was also concerned about not changing things too much on my first try.

Anyway, I'm guessing you would prefer me to pass the FileSet and other
properties I need from the task to the classes as individual parameters.
Is this the normal design pattern?

Either that or explicitly make the paramater of type SolutionTask. As I said I'm not sure if the intent was to have it callable by other tasks than the solution task.

I'll set VS.NET to convert the tabs to spaces and I'll move the braces
to where the coding guidelines suggest (although my religion has always
been braces under the if :-) ).  Was there anything else that did not
fit the guidelines?

I don't think so. That should be fine. I used to use brace under the if as well but now that I've been using the other way I appreciate the extra vertical space.

Ian

TFC