Hi Thomas,
sorry for dropping the ball on your patch. One thing to consider that this functionality would only be useful on windows. The other thing to consider is that sysinfo adds more than just environment variables and the changecase attribute implies that all of them will be changed and not just env vars.

Of couse another option is to simple make sure that all developers use the same case when setting their environment variables or use a common batch file to set them.
Sorry if I'm being critical, I just want to be sure that this patch is a generally useful one. I'd like to get other peoples opinions as well.

Ian

I've posted this patch two weeks ago, but nobody reacted. However,
I'll try it again ;-)

I've added a flag to the <sysinfo> task, which allows to adjust
the casing of the environment variables (i.e. sys.env.*). Till
now, the casing of environment variables was persistent, e.g. on
some systems the Nant property corresponding the PATH variable
is named ${sys.env.Path}, on other systems ${sys.env.PATH}.

Therefore, I've added the flag changecase. Possible values are
None, Upper, and Lower. I.e. you can write

<sysinfo changecase="Upper" />

and on all system ${sys.env.PATH} is valid (as long as the environment
variable Path exists ;-) ).

Attached is the diff basing on 0.83-rc3. If you agree, that this
extension
is helpful, please commit it to CVS (I myself have no access).

Regards, Thomas