-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John
Lam
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 12:26 AM
To: NAnt developers (E-mail)
Subject: [nant-dev] NAnt and Serviced Components

Hi Folks,

I just want to get an update on who's working on what in NAnt. I took a
quick peek at the sources for NAnt/NAntContrib and it looks like there's
a bit of room left for improvement. But I just wanted to ping the list
to make sure that there aren't folks already working on these things and
to check to see if I missed something in my quick peek at the sources.

One of the major problems in a build is the deployment phase. Here are a
few deployment-related tasks that I'm itching to build to solve some of
these problems:

1) A server happiness task that lets you snoop around on the server to
see what's there.
2) An Enterprise Services task that generates the appropriate COM+
catalog goo.
3) An extension to the AssemblyInfo task to generate all of the
appropriate Enterprise Services goo.
4) Some combination of tasks to handle the delay-signing problem (I
still have to think this one through).
5) A deployment task that auto-generates passwords for new accounts, and
makes them available to other NAnt tasks for the duration of NAnt "run"
- the idea here is to let you create new accounts and set the RunAs
attribute in a COM+ application - but I'm sure the utility could be
extended to other things that require generated passwords.
6) A SQL task that lets you whack / set ACL's on SQL server objects.
7) A modification of the existing SQL task that lets you run osql using
integrated authentication and the specified username / password
combination.

Can folks suggest additional tasks required for deployment of ASP.NET
applications based on their own experiences? I'll add them to my list.

Thanks,

-John
http://www.iunknown.com