Jaroslaw Kowalski wrote:

After some thougths, I think that the whole FrameworkInfo management doesn't
belong in NAnt.Core and therefore FileSets shouldn't rely on framework
concept at all.

I think FrameworkInfo does belong in NAnt.Core simply becuase its such a major part of the tool. But you're right you shouldn't have to have a currentframework to run nant. Its possible to not have one if you for example don't have the SDK installed - only the runtime. In that case nant would run and all the copy, move and other non .Net tasks will run fine. csc etc will obviouly not work.

Am I right? Can the concept of frameworks be useful for anything other than
dotnet ? And how is it possible not to have a currentframework ?

Its also useful for running managed applications on mono where we automatically run 'mono foo.exe' rather than trying to execute foo.exe as a standalone executable.

Ian