Yeah, I agree we should use an existing (open-source) library.

I'm pretty sure ftp will be available in some future revision of the .NET
Framework, but that will leave users of other frameworks in the cold, and we
wouldn't want that ...

From: "Clayton Harbour" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Erick Thompson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "NAnt developers (E-mail)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 4:23 PM
Subject: RE: [nant-dev] 0.8.3 final

First, I think an ftp task would be great!

>At the moment, I'm looking for a open source C# FTP client I can
liberally
>copy and paste from.

I did a quick Google and came up with the following:
http://www.enterprisedt.com/downloads/csftp/csftp.html
I haven't had time to look at it but I found the following review:
http://weblogs.asp.net/mreynolds/posts/10028.aspx

I am sure that there are other libraries out there as well.  I know
there was one on sf.net that I came across awhile ago and thought was
cool (bundled with a number of other .net "forgotten" protocols) but I
can't seem to find it in my bookmarks (or Google).

Whichever library you pick I would recommend instead of doing arts and
crafts on the internals (copy and paste) just wrap the library.  It
would make the task more usable if you could swap out some arbitrary
library later on.

I look forward to nant ftpin'! :-)

Clayton