This sounds like a possibly .net security policy problem. We should assert certain permission requirements in the console stub, nant core, and tasks themselves. This would atleast allow the assemblies we produce to describe what permissions they need.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: [nant-dev] TypeInitializationException

OK, strangeness.  When I got the latest build, I put it on my D drive and pointed to the bin directory in my path.  Got that error and went back to the old path (kind of) pointing at the previous stable build on my D drive.  The problem was in the D drive itself.  The D drive on my build machine is actually a mapped network drive pointing back at the C drive.  NAnt doesn't like this very much.  Pointed it at my C drive and all is well.

Eric Fetzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
OK, I'm losing my mind here.  I got the latest nightly build, put it on my build machine (to see if my current problems were addressed...) and got an error.  Now I can't seem to get back to a place where NAnt works.  I've deleted the directory from the 9/16 build and pointed at the latest stable release bin folder, but keep getting the same errors.  Anyone know what's happening?  I get the following no matter what I type behind nant:

D:\projects\ProCard>nant -help
Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "NAnt.Console.ConsoleStub" t
hrew an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "log4net.spi.LoggerManage
r" threw an exception. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type System.Secur
ity.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934
e089 failed.
   at log4net.spi.LoggerManager..cctor()
The state of the failed permission was:
<IPermission class="System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neut
ral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
             version="1"
             Flags="ControlAppDomain"/>
   at log4net.spi.LoggerManager.GetLogger(Assembly domainAssembly, String name)
   at log4net.LogManager.GetLogger(Type type)
   at NAnt.Console.ConsoleStub..cctor()
   at NAnt.Console.ConsoleStub.Main(String[] args)

Thanks,
Eric

Do you Yahoo!?

Do you Yahoo!?