----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian MacLean" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gert Driesen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Scott Hernandez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Clayton Harbour"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Nant-Developers (E-Mail)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: [nant-dev] fileset deprecations

> Gert Driesen wrote:
>
> >>We could just not do strict checking for any Task/Element that overrides
> >>the InitializeTask method.
> >>

> >A lot of tasks (I think) override InitializeTask to just perform checks

We could ofcourse add a virtual method called ValidateTask method that tasks
should use for performing additional checks, that would be more clear ...
This method would be called by the Execute method (so it would also be
called when constructing task instances in code)

I don't have time to think about this right now and we should definitely
think it through thoroughly before making API changes ...

> Ok then. How about other attributes that would go on classes that have
> customised checking.
>
> [CustomElements("foo,bar")]
> [CustomAttributes("x,y,y")]
>
> and the scanner would know to flag an error if there are
> elements/attributes not specified in those attributes.
> So on the ndoc task would have:
>
> [CustomElements("documenters")]
> [TaskName("ndoc")]
>     public class NDocTask : Task {

Yeah, could be interesting, but lets give it some more thought first ...