Ian MacLean wrote:

Gert Driesen wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve Jansen
Sent: vrijdag 3 december 2004 17:19
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [nant-dev] <include> task question

Hi again,

I have a question about the <include> task and the
project::get-buildfile-path() function.

I would like to know if there is a way to get the path of an included
build file, rather than the containing build file, from withing the
included file.

Example:

C:\folder\project.build
-----------------------
<project>
<include buildfile="..\include.build" />
</project>

C:\include.build
-----------------------
<project>
<echo message="${project::get-buildfile-path()}" />
</project>

In this case, the message display is "C:\folder\project.build", but, I need to find a way to have a function return "C:\include.build".

Any suggestions?

As far as I know this is not possible.

Ian: do you have anything to add to this ?

Actually whenever we load a file we store the location map - mapping each xml node to a file and line-number. So the information is there - the major issue I see is that you would need to obtain the task/Target object that is being referenced at the function call site. So in the example above :

<snip> a bunch of unnecessarily complicated stuff </snip>

It turns out its actually quite simple. We already pass a Location reference when we expand properties ( ie when functions get evaluated )
Properties.ExpandProperties(attributeValue, Location);
This Location object contains the path of file where that property was defined. So its not too hard to pass that location on to the FunctionSet classes via their constructor. I have this working locally

such that :

<project name="include" >
<echo message="this file is :${project::get-buildfile-path()}" />
<echo message="main file is: ${project::get-master-buildfile-path()}" /> </project>

when included in another file called "Simple.build" produces :

Buildfile: file:///K:/dev/test/csharp/GetBuildFileTest/Simple.build
Target(s) specified: run

    [echo] this file is :K:\dev\test\csharp\GetBuildFileTest\include.build
    [echo] main file is: K:\dev\test\csharp\GetBuildFileTest\Simple.build

Now i just have a question on the naming. Should we :

A) keep get-buildfile-path() as it is returning the the including file and add a get-current-file-path() function or

B) change get-buildfile-path() to return the current file and add a project::get-master-buildfile-path() function to return the including (ie master ) file .
( as demonstrated above )

Ian