Yes, I think that exemption words exactly what I had in mind when licensing Nant.

Ian, Gert, would you mind replacing the exemption clause in the license file and possibly on the web site when you have a free chance. I made a couple of tweaks to change the references from libraries to assemblies and software so that it makes a bit more sense.

As a special exception, the copyright holders of this software give you permission to link the assemblies with independent modules to produce new assemblies, regardless of the license terms of these independent modules, and to copy and distribute the resulting assemblies under terms of your choice, provided that you also meet, for each linked independent module, the terms and conditions of the license of that module. An independent module is a module which is not derived from or based on these assemblies. If you modify this software, you may extend this exception to your version of the software, but you are not obligated to do so. If you do not wish to do so, delete this exception statement from your version.

I still think this matches the original intention of the GPL when I first licensed the project but I suppose this will prevent this issue from coming up again and again.

Thanks for the link Mike.