Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mike_at_rubicon
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=402868&aid=1474159&group_id=31650

not just the latest update.
Category: Tasks
Group: 0.85

Initial Comment:
When I set the cascade flag to flase on the call task,
the called target it self is not re-executed.

<project default="build">
  <target name="init" />
  <target name="compile" depends="init" />
  <target name="build">
    <call target="compile" cascade="false" />
    <call target="compile" cascade="false" />
  </target>
</project>

Expected behavior:
build:
init:
compile:
compile:

Actual behavior:
build:
init:
compile:

I'm using the nightly from 2006-03-08
I believe it's a problem in Project.cs
public void Execute(string targetName, bool
forceDependencies)
lines 884 and 885
if (forceDependencies || !currentTarget.Executed) {
  currentTarget.Execute();
}
currentTarget will eventually end up being the called
target, and its execution state is checked just like if
its another of the depended targets.