Martin Aliger wrote:
Hello,
I'm looking for ftp and/or http put task. And as good as I look for it, I don't see any! I believe there was some work on FTP task! I check both NAnt's and NAntContrib's latest online documentaions and I found only <get> task for getting the file. I need to upload one. If there is really not such task yet, I'm willing to contribute one, of course. But I believe there have to be 1 for such common task already!
Because of the security issues involved - i.e., you don't want to store a password in your build file -- you may be better off mounting the remote drive and using the NAnt copy task. Alternatively, I'd consider using scp (secure copy) with the exec task. Indeed, I'd rather see NAnt have a secure="yes" attribute on the <copy> task than get into ftp/http. If you were to do ftp/http, it would be cleaner to implement them as protocols read by the <copy> task, i.e. if I said to="ftp://some.file.path"; for the copy task, it would automatically use ftp (or any other standard protocol for which copying makes sense).

As it happens, I use a separate Python ftp job for uploading kits to a third party. It gives me more control over the information flowing back and forth than I would with a NAnt <exec> of ftp. This lets me check for name clashes, etc. Still, I'm not sure that this need is really that common. NAnt is primarily for building, and all the systems involved in a build are usually on the same local net, with direct copy available.

Gary