Hello Gary,

thanks for your info. I think, its really pretty common job. As I see NAnt,
its use is for support things around build. For build itself, I use
<solution> which do everything automagically. For VS2005 msbuild is
involved. Competetive? I don't see it so nowadays. Their support for those
support tasks is minimal.

I like your idea to protocoled version of copy. But it would need to hack
directly into core's task, not nantcontrib.

I already started work on this task, since I need it urgently. First I
implement webdav put, but then generalize it a little. Maybe it could go to
nantcontrib and later, if found stable enough, join <copy> somehow?

here is example, how to use mine new (pre-alpha) task:
                <net-transfer
                        url="http://foo.bar/automat/builds/k/123";
                        method="MKCOL"

                        <credentials username="foo" password="bar"
domain="foobar"/>
                </net-transfer>
                <net-transfer
                        url="http://foo.bar/automat/builds/k/123/456.zip";
                        input-file="789.zip"
                        method="PUT"

                        <credentials username="foo" password="bar"
domain="foobar"/>
                </net-transfer>

1st one creates remote directory via webdav, 2nd puts a file on new
directory. GET is supported to (simmilar to <get> task)

Since I implement it as quite simple wrapper around System.Net it should
work even for FTP (in .net 2.0) or other protocols in .net.

WebDavClient.cs from <solution> helped! Giving a credit to Matthew
Mastracci!!
GetTask.cs also helped. Credits go to Jay Turpin and Gerry Shaw.

Regards,
Martin Aliger