From: Brass Tilde [mailto:brassti...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 6:32 PM
To: nant-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [nant-dev] Want to delete intermediate files n folders
(obj)

> I want to delete the intermediate files and folders that are generated
while
> building the .NET projects (folder "obj" and its contents). There are
many
> projects in a build file that are to be built and each project's "obj"
> folder needs to be deleted. Writing a target "Clean" and deleting all
these
> "obj" folders manually will be a tedious job. Hence, I want to know is
there
> any easy way to achieve this?

Assuming that the "workingPath" property contains the name of the
ultimate parent of all the directories you want to delete, you could
do something like this:

    <target name="clean" failonerror="true" description="Remove all
products of previous compilations">
        <delete>
            <fileset>
                <include name="${workingpath}/**/bin/**/*" />
                <include name="${workingpath}/**/obj/**/*" />
            </fileset>
        </delete>

    </target>

I forget whether or not that actually deletes the directory, and I'm
not currently in a place where I can test it, but you should be able
to experiment with it.

/bs

Important Notice to Recipients:
It is important that you do not use e-mail to request, authorize or effect the
purchase or sale of any security or commodity, to send fund transfer
instructions, or to effect any other transactions. Any such request, orders, or
instructions that you send will not be accepted and will not be processed by
Morgan Stanley.