Hi Folks,

while setting up the CI for Nant we discovered an issue with sysinfo
task on 64bit systems.

On 64bit systems there are some environment variables which contains
parentheses like *ProgramFiles(x86)* or *CommonProgramFiles(x86)*.
This are invalid property names which cause the sysinfo tasks to fail.

What to do now:
For a short slution we could
a) add *failonerror="false"* to all sysinfo test so all test will be
green again. (error in docu)
b) replace any parentheses in env.name with underscores and put this
into docu.

With a) any env.property with parentheses will be droped and could not
be used.

So I would like to go with b) since the properties could be used.
In addition docu states that function *environment::get-variable()*
should be used to retrieve env variables. So I think this won't affect a
lot of users.

For a later solution we should check whether the property name
validation should be moved to property task itself and not done in
propertylist. Since someone could create an invalid property name
without using any propertylist like <sysinfo> task.

--
The answer to the great question of life,
the universe and everything is 42 (Douglas Adams)