Message generated for change (Comment added) made by drieseng
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=402868&aid=3050877&group_id=31650

not just the latest update.
Category: Core
Group: 0.91-alpha2

Initial Comment:
I downloaded 0.91 Alpha 2 source and extracted to clean directory.
Using Visual Studio 2008 I ran nmake /f Makefile.nmake to try and build.
However the bootstrap NAnt fails to run (see below).

I am on Windows 7 x64. I am able to compile 0.90 just fine on the same machine.

D:\SFNant091alpha2>nmake /f Makefile.nmake

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.30729.01

        if not exist bootstrap md bootstrap
        if not exist bootstrap\lib md bootstrap\lib
        xcopy lib bootstrap\lib /S /Y /Q
24 File(s) copied
        copy lib\common\neutral\log4net.dll bootstrap
        1 file(s) copied.
        copy src\NAnt.Console\App.config bootstrap\NAnt.exe.config
        1 file(s) copied.
         bootstrap\NAnt.exe  -f:NAnt.build build
NAnt 0.91 (Build 0.91.3881.0; alpha2; 8/17/2010)
Copyright (C) 2001-2010 Gerry Shaw
http://nant.sourceforge.net

INTERNAL ERROR

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot
find the file specified.

    Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.

For more information regarding the cause of the build failure, run the build
again in verbose mode.

Please send a bug report (including the version of NAnt you're using) to
nant-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'bootstrap\NAnt.exe' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

Date: 2010-08-22 19:11

Message:
Problem is that log4net references the System.Web assembly, and this one is
not included in the .NET 4.0 Client Profile.

We need to either work with the log4net team to split classes tha depends
on System.Web into a separate assembly, or remove the log4net dependency
altogether.