I just tried and not producing the expected result..

path::get-directory-name("c:\my-folder\") returns the full path of the
parent folder
and
path::get-directory-name("c:\my-folder\*.*") returns the full path of
the folder.

In this example, the result would have been "my-folder".

I still believe that if the function is called "get-directory-name",
it should return the name of the directory both if the path is a
directory and if the path is a file.

Since the string::substring() doesn't have a overload in which i
shouldn't provide the length of the substring, I think I'll make a
path function that would provide the directory info i need.

Cheers,
Daniel