> I am using nant to build a project vs2008 but on a 2.0 framework and I keep
> running in to the following error:

> File format version is unrecognized: MSBUILD can only read solution files
> between versions 7 and 9 inclusive

The error indicates that MSBuild 2.0.whatever is trying to read a
solution created by VS 2008, and it can't do that.

What version of NAnt are you using?  It's possible to get NAnt 0.85 to
use the 3.5 framework version of MSBuild, but it won't do it by
default.  NAnt 0.86 should do it, though IIRC, the stable build needs
a tweak to the config file to make it work *correctly*.  Later builds
have this corrected, if I'm not mistaken.

/bs