On 30.11.2018 04:10, Robert Field wrote:
Nit: Why are the hyphens in the comments of AnsiWriter.java changed to
unicode?

These were unicode hyphens (–), not ordinary hyphens (-). I could have replace them with ordinary hyphens, but opted to keeping the semantics the same by using a unicode escape.

utils/Display.java -- please document the change

Will do. (As a note, this is used when reading user input in cases like:
{ System.out.print("Provide input:");
  System.in.read();
}
where, when the read is executed, the user should enter some input, but should not be able to get the cursor into the printed text.)

utils/StyleResolver.java et. al. -- if we want less surface area to
update when we get new versions, we could perhaps a non-op logger.  No
changes required.  Why is logging pulled out?

jdk.internal.le currently does not depend on java.logging. jdk.jshell does, so there would be no problem with using j.u.l.Logger for jshell, but jjs does not depend on java.logging. If it would be OK to make jjs depend on java.logging, we can undo these changes.

Another alternative would be to convert the use of Logger to System.Logger, but that requires non-trivial changes as well.

terminal/impl/jna/win/Kernel32.java -- short doc of the Windows change

Will do.

Thanks!

Jan

Review of JShell tool and test code in separate email.

-Robert