Thanks for updating.

Good to have /help for line editing keys, however:
  (1) The supported keys should be listed without requiring that the user knows or looks-up readline. More so, since only some readline keys are supposed.   (2) "/edit" is a command, so with this change, typing "/help edit" would give both the /edit and editing help -- which would be confusing.  I suggest "/help keys", there are no "k" help items.
  (3) In jshell tool online docs the tool is spelled "jshell tool"
I'd be happy to write up suggested text.

As to the alternative patch: I understand the motivation, it would be nice to just use the natural "Enter" as new line. Unfortunately it's functionality is then overloaded.  I believe the alternative will be confusing and awkward:   (1) It breaks backward compatibility in user experience, Enter has always been accept/evaluate   (2) It would be very awkward and non-intuitive (particularly in a long multiline snippet) to have to navigate to the end of the snippet to accept.
       Note: must be the end both vertically and horizontally.
  (3) It is inconsistent: Mid snippet Enter on one line does accept.  However, on a continuation line (say after "int x =") it adds a new line instead.   (4) It doesn't solve the problem for the most common location for adding a new line, the end of snippet -- thus introducing more inconsistency.

Thanks,
Robert