And now:"S.I.S.I.S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

SHUSWAP ELDER TRANSFERRED - PAROLE HEARING DECEMBER 15TH, SUPPORT LETTERS
NEEDED

Wolverine, aka William Jones Ignace, the 67 year old Shuswap traditionalist
elder sentenced to 8 1/2 years imprisonment for his stand on behalf of
sovereignty during the 1995 Gustafsen Lake standoff, has been transferred
from BC's maximum security Matsqui prison to the Elbow Lake Institution.
The transfer to Elbow Lake, a "less secure" camp setting, is thought to
represent a concession by the authorities to increasing international and
domestic pressure for Wolverine's release, and a full public inquiry into
highly questionable actions by the federal and provincial governments,
police and military during the largest paramilitary operation of its kind
in Canadian history. (See
http://kafka.uvic.ca/~vipirg/SISIS/gustmain.html )

In addition, Wolverine has been scheduled to go before a BC Parole Board
hearing on *December 15th*. We realize this is last-minute notice, but
please do take the time to fax your support letters in support of the
release of this courageous Shuswap elder. Should the Parole Board refuse
parole at this hearing, your letters will be resubmitted to subsequent
hearings.

TO THE PAROLE BOARD OF BRITISH COLUMBIA, RE: SHUSWAP POLITICAL PRISONER
WOLVERINE AKA WILLIAM JONES IGNACE: THE WORLD IS WATCHING - FREE WOLVERINE

BC Parole Board
32315 South Fraser Way
Suite 305, Abbotsford V2T 1W6
Phone: (604) 870-2468
Fax: (604) 870-2498
cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Greetings and Solidarity:

Wolverine, aka William Jones Ignace
Political Prisoner
Elbow Lake Institution
Harrison Mills, VOM-1LO
* please be aware mail is monitored and opened *

As well, we invite you to join the growing groundswell of support for a
full, public inquiry into the summer 1995 assault against the Ts'peten
Sundance Camp at Gustafsen Lake. To support the public inquiry:
http://kafka.uvic.ca/~vipirg/SISIS/GustLake/support.html

Your continuing pressure upon the BC NDP and Canadian governments to FREE
WOLVERINE and immediately convene the much called for inquiry, is having an
effect. Many thanks, please keep it up!

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

"The allegations of police and government wrong-doings are so serious that
there is no question there should be a public inquiry into whether or not
the rule of law was respected."
        - Canadian Forum Magazine, April 1997

"It's the real criminals who are in control here. The judges, the lawyers,
the politicians. And the enforcement arm - the RCMP and its agencies.
These are the real criminals because they're covering up the theft of
native land."
        - Wolverine

"The province has no intention of reviewing this matter further through a
public inquiry."
        - BC NDP Premier Glen Clark, Nov. 2, 1998

WE DEMAND YOU FREE THE POLITICAL PRISONER WOLVERINE AND IMMEDIATELY
CONVENE A PUBLIC INQUIRY INTO ALL ASPECTS OF THE GUSTAFSEN LAKE AFFAIR!

Prime Minister of Canada, Jean Chretien: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Premier of British Columbia, Glen Clark: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
    S.I.S.I.S.   Settlers In Support of Indigenous Sovereignty
        P.O. Box 8673, Victoria, "B.C." "Canada" V8X 3S2

        EMAIL : <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        WWW: http://kafka.uvic.ca/~vipirg/SISIS/SISmain.html

    SOVERNET-L is a news-only listserv concerned with indigenous
    sovereigntist struggles around the world.  To subscribe, send
    "subscribe sovernet-l" in the body of an email message to
                     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
          For more information on sovernet-l, contact S.I.S.I.S.