And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 15:31:18 -0400
From: LISN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Fluoride Poisoning Alert!

"Did Government Approve Citizens As Toxic Waste Sites? Are We Being
Poisoned?"

OR "Fluoridation Is Not A Solution To Pollution."

Indian children on some reservations may be getting 4 times the
so-called "optimal dose" of 1 ppm. via supplements at schools and health
centers.

Weekly fluoride supplement drops are given to children in some Indian
schools (e.g., Onondaga and Pine Ridge Schools).  The same children may
receive additional supplements when visiting health centers. Add to the
equation that the same children may live on reservations with
fluoridated water, and will receive further doses of fluoride through
processed juices, foods, drinks and even some vitamins...the potential
for multiple health problems is almost inevitable.

BUT FLUORIDE IS SUPPOSED TO BE BENEFICIAL, ISN'T IT??? That's what we
have always been told...SO WHY SHOULD WE BE CONCERNED???

Consider the following:

The Akwesasne Mohawk Nation (people, land, animals and fish) have
already experienced devastation from Flouride Poisoning:

During the period 1960-75, "Cows crawled around the pasture on  their
bellies, inching along like giant snails. So crippled by bone disease
they could not stand up, this was the only way they could graze. Some
died kneeling, after giving birth to stunted calves. Others kept on
crawling until, no longer able to chew because their teeth had crumbled
down to the nerves, they began to starve....1" (excert from article by
medical reporter by Joel Griffiths).

The past is still with them: "Today, nets cast into the St. Lawrence
River by Mohawk fishers bring up ulcerated fish with spinal deformities.
Mohawk children, too, have shown signs of damage to bones and teeth.2"
(ibid.)
For more information and sources, see:
http://www.lisn.net/fluoridepoisoning.htm#mohawks

How many others Nations have/are experiencing the adverse effects
from the daily intake of fluoride toxic waste, among others?

Also, consider that:

---EPA lists fluoride as a contaminant.

---FDA considers fluoride an unapproved drug for which there is no proof
of safety or effectiveness.

---Sodium Fluoride contains Arsenic & Lead, According to an Allied
Chemical Data Sheet sent to cities interested in fluoridating their
water supplies.

---Former NIH (National Inst. of Health) scientist opposed to fluoride
Dr. Patrick, Harvard Ph.D., states Fluoride is capable of a very wide
variety of harmful effects, even at low doses.

---AMA (American Medical Association) refuses to say that fluoridation
is
harmless and "has not carried out any research work, either long term or
short term, regarding the possibility of any side effects." - Assistant
Director of AMA

---International Acadamey of Oral Medicine and Toxicology - has
classified
fluoride as un unapproved dental medicament due to its high toxicity.

---Three year old child dies due to fluoride treatment. $750,000 was
awarded a family in New York for the fluoride-related death. [The New
York Times, 20 Jan. 1979, Robert D. McFadden.]

---Gerber stopped putting Fluoride in their products.

---"A significant increase in cancer mortality in the fluoridated
cities." a 28 year study concludes. A time-trend study of Dr. Burk and
Dr. Yiamouyiannis, which compared cancer mortality in ten cities which
fluoridated their water systems with ten cities which did not
fluoridate.

You will find more comments in the "Summary of Key Fluoride Studies" at:
http://www.lisn.net/fluorideinformation.htm#fluorideresources

Finally, read:

Why EPA's Headquarters Union of Scientists Opposes Fluoridation of
Drinking Water Supplies! --- White Paper from the National Treasury
Employees Union, Chapter 280: "Why EPA's Headquarters Union of
Scientists Opposes Fluoridation of Drinking Water Supplies" (5/1/99)
http://www.lisn.net/healthissues-fluoridation.htm#health

Toronto Star: A Crack Appears In The Fluoride
Front (Part 1: 4/25/99); Few Answers to Support
Fluoride Use (Part 2: 5/2/99)-- Accessible from:
http://www.lisn.net/home.htm#urgentaction

"I am appalled at the prospect of using water as a vehicle for drugs.
Fluoride is a corrosive poison that will produce serious effects on a
long range basis. Any attempt to use water this way is deplorable." ---
Dr. Charles Gordon Ph.D., Past President of the American Medical
Association.

"fluoridation ... it is the greatest fraud that has ever been
perpetrated and it has been perpetrated on more people than any other
fraud has." --- Professor Albert Schatz, Ph.D. (Microbiology), Nobel
Prize Winner & the discoverer of Streptomycin, the remarkable drug which
fights bacterial infections.

"fluoride may be destroying our bones, our teeth and overall health.. it
doesn't need to be added to our water and we may be taking unnecessary
risks by doing so." --- Dr. Hardy Limeback, a leading Canadian fluoride
authority, former fluoride advocate and long-standing consultant to
Canadian Dental Association. Now a Professor of Dentistry at the
University of Toronto.

"Did Government Approve Citizens As Toxic Waste Sites? Are We Being
Poisoned?---"

"It has been a long established joke about not drinking the water in
Third World countries. Now it is here in America that the water has been
declared unsafe to drink, and it is no joke. Whereas the greatest
problem with water in the underdeveloped nations is usually such as
amoebic dysentery, serious but reversible, in the U.S. it is rat poison
one gets in the drinking water--and it is no accident."
http://www.lisn.net/fluoridepoisoning.htm#poisoned

For more on the above article, as well as more resources and links on
the "Adverse Effects of Fluoride," see:
http://www.lisn.net/fluoridepoisoning.htm#moreresources

Information includes comprehensive history of how this nation came to be
fluoridated!

Then take action to eliminate the use of Fluoride!

Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] or other sources for more information.

Reprinted under the fair use http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html