And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

From: Eric Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Electronic Program Guide

1) Native America Calling Update
2) Lead investigator on Anna Mae Pictou Aquash murder on AlterNative Voices!
3) Burning Sky on Different Drums

(1) Native America Calling Program Change for May 19th & 20th

WED - 5/19: Pecos Ancestors' Bones Returning Home:
The remains of more than 2,000 ancestors of the Pecos Indians are to be
returned next weekend to northern New Mexico in what is being called the
nation's largest act of repatriation. The remains have been stored at
Phillips Academy in Massachusetts and the Peabody Museum of Archaeology and
Ethnology at Harvard University since the early 1900's. Jemez Pueblo
officials have spent eight years getting the remains returned. Has the
healing process for Native people begun?

THU - 5/20: Eagle Repository:
Many of our sacred tribal ceremonies rely on Eagle feathers and other parts
of this extraordinary feathered creature. But because of its status as a
national symbol and its listing as an endangered species, Native people have
to go through a long and burdensome process through a repository in Denver
to obtain Eagles and their feathers. Should Native people be able to capture
and kill Eagles for ceremonial purposes?

Join the Talking Circle Every Monday - Friday 1pm-2pm ET

********************************
(2) AlterNative Voices Special
********************************

May 19-24 tune into AlterNative Voices and hear Susie Aikman interview
Detective Abe Alonzo who is the lead investigator on the still open Anna Mae
Pictou Aquash murder of 24 years ago.

Tune in during the following times (ET)

Wed 5/19:  1000, 1600, 2200
Thu 5/20:  0400
Sat 5/22:  1800
Sun 5/23:  0700, 1800
Mon 5/24:  0700

**********************************
3) Burning Sky on Different Drums
**********************************

Another of the hour-long interview and music features which have proven to
be so popular with Different Drums listeners, as this week we focus on the
exquisite music of Burning Sky.

Their unique blend of Native flute, guitar, bass and percussion is causing
international audiences to clamor for more.  Just back from a tour of Italy
and creating music for a Japanese television special, and preparing to play
a major Native music festival in Canada, Burning Sky is a band on the move.

Their fourth CD "Enter the Earth" has recently been released by Rykodisc,
following three popular CDs for Canyon Records.  This week on Different
Drums, we feature conversation with Burning Sky guitarist and co-founder
Aaron White, and share musical selections from all four CDs. This is music
of exquisite "texture" - check it out!

DIFFERENT DRUMS AIRS AS FOLLOWS (ET)

Fri 5/21:  1000, 1600, 2200
Sat 5/22:  0400, 1700
Sun 5/23:  0600, 1700
Mon 5/24:  0600

Different Drums is produced by Tricia King, in the studios of public radio
station KBBI in Homer, Alaska, distributed by the American Indian Radio on
Satellite Network, and is heard in Real Audio at http://www.nativetelecom.org

Eric Martin
AIROS Director of Distribution
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Rock n' Roll is based on revolutions going way past 33 1/3."

        -- John Trudell, Baby Boom Che

Listen to Indian Radio on the Internet 24 hours a day at
airos.org/audio.html and don't forget to get added to our electronic program
guide by e-mailing us at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reprinted under the fair use http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html