And now:[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 18:45:14 EST
Subject: Florida AIM 1999 Day of Mourning

Greetings:

  On November 25, 1999 the dominant society will take turns picking at their
turkeys. Members and supporters of Florida AIM will be conducting a sunsrise
to sunset fast on the steps of the state capitol  as we have since 1990.

  Many are unaware that Thanksgiving originated in the Gov of Massachussets
giving thanks that they were able to massacre nearly 1,000 Pequot and
Wampanoag peoples in 1637. While President Abraham Lincoln, who ordered the
mass hanging of 38 Dakota patriots, offically declared thanksgiving in this
country at the end of the civil war, it appears the Gov of Mass.  idea and
tradition continues.

The murders of Lakotas in Mobridge, Sisseton,  Rapid City and White Clay
remains unsolved. The Micmaq, and Passamaquoddy people face the threat of
losing their lives for simply fishing and hunting. Oneida and Seminole
Nations have come under attack for excersing their sovereign rights. The
lands of the Western Shoshone and Dine remain under threat. Nuclear waste and
toxic waste remain to be dumped on Indian land.... Indian people can't even
rest in peace and the judge's dismissal of the Robert Many Horses case shows
killing an Indian remains less of a crime than killing a Moose out of season.

In 1970 AIM held the first National Day of Mourning. Florida AIM has held one
since 1986 and since 1990 at the steps of the state capitol. We will do so to
honor the ones who have gone before, we will so to honor the ones here now
and the ones yet to come. We ask all who can tojoin us in our sunrise to
sunset fast at the steps of the State Capitol in a Day of Mourning.

Thank You

For more information
contact
Sheridan Murphy,  State Executive Director
Mark Madrid, State Information Director
David Narcomey, North Florida Director
at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]