And now:[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 19:02:46 -0600 (CST)
From: Northen Plains Media Consortium <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Back In Circulation

Press Release
THE NEW DAKOTA SUN BACK IN CIRCULATION
   After being out of circulation for 13 years, the New Dakota Sun is back
to serve the Standing Rock and Cheyenne River reservations and beyond.
With the intention of having a local, regional,and national scope, the New
Dakota Sun will do its best to cover the news.
   Harold Iron Shield, 53, has taken the responsibility of managing editor
and will work to make it the best.  Iron Shield is a 1965 graduate of the
old Fort Yates High School and is an enrolled member of the Standing Rock
Sioux Tribe.
   Iron Shield studied journalism at the University of Minnesota in
Minneapolis and prior to that he attended Laney Junior College in Oakland,
California for two years studying journalistic printing.
   Iron Shield said, "the historical value of having the New Dakota Sun
back in circulation for our tribal members, wherever they reside, is a
positive value much needed on our reservations. Opportunities of
communication can be an asset to people and our students attending all the
schools on the reservations this paper will serve."
   The new managing editor has extensive background in the journalism area
and has been awarded numerous awards for his writings, involvement and
an advocate for issues affecting tribal people in Indian country.
   Currently, he is Director of the Dakota News Service, a Northern Plains
regional news service that provides news to its subscribers.  Dakota News
Service has been in existence for 15 years in the Northern Plains Region.
   His leadership and experience with media will be a great asset to the
New Dakota Sun and its readership.