From: Settlers in Support of Indigenous Sovereignty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: SISIS shutting down

Dear subscribers and list members:

We at S.I.S.I.S. regret to announce that we will be shutting down until
further notice. We have been non-operational since July, due to changes
among our core group following a car accident and other unforeseeable
circumstances.

We were initially hoping that the shut down would be temporary. After
three months, we have come to the conclusion that there will be no changes
in the near future that will allow us to return to being able to answer
correspondence or distribute information.

As a result, we feel we must shut down the email address and PO Box for
now. Mail sent to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or our PO Box will NOT be
answered. Our website archives will remain accessible, but they will not
be updated.

We were very touched by the many people who sent letters offering to help
take S.I.S.I.S. over so that its work could continue. After much
discussion about how best to hand S.I.S.I.S. over, we decided that it is
not necessary for S.I.S.I.S. to exist, as an organization, in order for
the work that S.I.S.I.S. did to be accomplished. Indeed, we have noticed
more and more individuals and groups taking the initiative to distribute
news of indigenous sovereigntist struggles in the last few years.

We are hoping to be able to restart S.I.S.I.S. at some point in the
future. We all remain committed to supporting indigenous sovereignty and
will continue to be active to the best of our ability as individuals.

We would like to thank all our subscribers for your interest and
participation. We remain as committed as ever to the struggle, and hope to
be with you again before too long.

In solidarity,

Joshua Goldberg, Rachel Iwaasa, and John Shafer
for S.I.S.I.S.

     S.I.S.I.S.   Settlers In Support of Indigenous Sovereignty
        WWW: http://kafka.uvic.ca/~vipirg/SISIS/SISmain.html