From: Senator [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 22, 1999 9:44 AM
To: Michael Two Horses
Subject: Re: Clemency for Leonard Peltier

       Dear Friend:

         Thank you for contacting me to express your views.  I appreciate
your
      taking the time to contact me about animals.

           I have always fought against abusive and inhumane treatment of
      animals.  During my years in Congress, I have supported
      policies designed to improve animal welfare.

           I believe that we must work to preserve our endangered species
      and our wildlife.  In 1992, I fought for dolphin protection by
      writing legislation that encouraged tuna companies to commit to
      "dolphin-safe" policies.  In 1997 my legislation, S. 1460, would
      preserve the definition of the "dolphin-safe" label, allow the
      import of "dolphin-safe" tuna only into the United States, and
      would cap dolphin deaths at 5,000 annually declining over time to
      a goal of zero mortality.

           I have worked to stop those animal experiments that are
      abusive and lacking in scientific merit.  My "Consumer Products
      Safe Testing Act" asked government agencies to review their testing
      regulations with an eye toward replacing current animal testing
      requirements with non-animal alternatives.

           I will continue to fight for the humane treatment of animals.
      Again, thank you for sharing your views.  Please, keep in touch.

                                 Sincerely,

                                 Barbara Boxer
                                 United States Senator

<<<<=-=-=                                  =-=-=>>>>
"We simply chose an Indian as the emblem.
  We could have just as easily chosen any
uncivilized animal."
   Eighth Grade student writing about his school's
   mascot, 1997

<<<<=-=  http://www.tdi.net/ishgooda/racial/  =-=>>>>

IF it says:
"PASS THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW...."
Please Check it before you send it at:

http://urbanlegends.miningco.com/library/blhoax.htm

<<<<=-=-=FREE LEONARD PELTIER!!!=-=-=>>>>