Posted by [EMAIL PROTECTED] :

From: Lynn-Moss Sherman
KATY MITCHELL, MARY SINCLAIR and a missionary
DIE IN MANITOBA PLANE CRASH

November 26, 1999   Missionary dies in plane crash
                         By CP

WINNIPEG --  A lay missionary who devoted his life to northern aboriginal
people was presumed dead along with his two passengers after a plane crash
yesterday in northern Lake Winnipeg. An intensive search failed to find any
sign of the single-engine
     Cherokee 140 owned by pilot Milton Menzies. The plane went down around
10:30 a.m. after the pilot reported engine trouble, said RCMP Sgt. Rod
Keeping of Gypsumville, Man. He said Menzies transmitted that he was trying
to make Reindeer Island in the middle of the lake, about 350 km north of
Winnipeg. "The operator of a private airstrip received another message
shortly after," said Keeping.
"The pilot said he couldn't make it and was going down." Keeping said the
aircraft was en route from remote Poplar Point on the east side of the lake
to Fairford, Man., an aboriginal community on the west side. One of the
passengers was identified as Katy Mitchell of Poplar River, who was on her
way to visit her father. Her mother Mary Sinclair of Lake St. Martin First
Nation was accompanying her.

               "Let Us Consider The Human Brain As
                A Very Complex Photographic Plate"
                     1957 G.H. Estabrooks
                 www.angelfire.com/mn/mcap/bc.html

                    FOR   K A R E N  #01182
                   who died fighting  4/23/99

                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                       www.aches-mc.org
                         807-622-5407

    For people like me, violence is the minotaur; we spend our lives
        wandering its maze, looking for the exit.  (Richard Rhodes)

                   Never befriend the oppressed
                    unless you are prepared to
                    take on the oppressor.
                        (Author unknown)