Hello everyone,

Anyone know of a simpler way of doing this, or be willing to create a
Nautilus extension that would be more GUI'ish and integrated into nautilus
itself?

It's been a lot of long and lonely nights since I first started trying to
figure this out. You can check out this Ubuntu
thread<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=12011468#post12011468>
and
see when I was first trying to figure out how to restore previous Nautilus
sessions.

One of the first and most important things that I've learned about
restarting Nautilus is that there are several files stored in
~/.config/session-state). The most important ones have names like
nautilus-xxxxxxxxxx.desktop

And if you issue the following command nautilus --sm-client-state-file
~/.config/session-state/nautilus-xxxxxxxxxx.desktop &  that particular
session will spawn and all of the windows (with tabs in tact) will open.
* The "&" part of it is what returns control back to the terminal window so
you can do a CTRL-C and with terminating Nautilus.... though it does still
give you an error or two (which you can ignore).

Thanks,

Timothy L. Gott
Philippines (c) 63-908-365-9051
U.S.# 803-993-8832