Hi,

bellow are the steps I undertook to try to disable thumbnails in
Nautilus. It didn't help. (I'm on Debian Wheezy, which seemingly has
no /etc/dconf by default):

-       mkdir -p /etc/dconf/db/local.d/locks

-       nano /etc/dconf/db/local.d/settings
        # /etc/dconf/db/local.d/settings
        # prevent showing thumbnails
        [org.gnome.nautilus.preferences]
        show-image-thumbnails="never"

-       nano /etc/dconf/db/local.d/locks/settings
        # prevent changes to showing thumbnails setting
        org.gnome.nautilus.preferences.show-image-thumbnails

-       mkdir /etc/dconf/profile

-       nano /etc/dconf/profile/local
        system-db:local

-       export DCONF_PROFILE=/etc/dconf/profile

-       dconf update

What's wrong here?

I also tried to disable it using dconf-editor (both as root and as
regular user) and I was not able to change the setting from 'local-only'
to 'never' it looked like it was locked.

I also tried gsettings:

# gsettings get org.gnome.nautilus.preferences show-image-thumbnails
# 'local-only'

# gsettings set org.gnome.nautilus.preferences show-image-thumbnails
"never"

** (process:5834): WARNING **: The connection is closed

** (process:5834): WARNING **: The connection is closed

Any ideas?

Thank you.
ST