hi;

the correct shortcut for moving a file to the Trash is Ctrl + Delete,
not Shift + Delete (which deletes the file immediately, bypassing the
Trash).

Ctrl + Delete has been chosen because Delete was too easily triggered,
and Nautilus didn't have an undo/redo system. if you disable the
Trash, deleting a file is a destructive operation, thus putting it
behind a two-keys combination is safer. you can easily find the bug
and the discussion on Bugzilla and this mailing list archives.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/