On Thu, 2014-09-18 at 08:51 -0400, willismon...@gmail.com wrote:
> Not sure if this has been mentioned in the past, but the search
> feature in Nautilus 3.12 doesn't report any feedback about the
> progress of the search.  The user can't tell when the search has
> finished.

In 3.10 there was a spin button on a floating bar (in the lower left or
right) to indicate progress, but it seems to have been removed. I guess
the rationale was probably that results are returned almost
instantaneously in directories indexed by tracker, so a progress
indicator is unnecessary, but if you're searching for something in a big
unindexed directory like / then the lack of visual feedback is indeed
problematic.

Not the biggest problem with search, but a wart indeed. If you have time
to file a bug report on bugzilla.gnome.org, that'd be great.