On 25 Mar 2015, at 07:31, Ben Stover <bxsto...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I tried for example:
>
>  pkg install nautilus-actions
>
> but it fails.
>
> The following page is somehow confusing:
>
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/E24676/gldnz.html
>
> Does that mean that the nautilus-actions extension is already automatically
> installed with Nautilus on Solaris 11?

It's been a few years since I worked on the Solaris desktop team, but I don't
think nautilus-actions is something we ever built or made available to
Sun/Oracle customers. (I'll double-check, though.)

In the OpenSolaris days we did have a community of people building those sorts
of extra packages for OpenSolaris (which, by extension, also worked on Solaris
11), but I don't see nautilus-actions listed there either:
<http://sourceforge.net/p/pkgbuild/code/HEAD/tree/spec-files-extra/trunk/>

So unless you have a support contract with Oracle via which you can request it
be added in a future Solaris update, the answer I'm afraid is that you'll
probably have to build a Solaris version yourself. There's a tool called
pkgbuild available that makes it relatively easy to build Solaris packages from
RPM spec files:
<http://pkgbuild.sourceforge.net>

but of course that won't take account of any code changes you may have to make
to actually get it to run on Solaris. (Of which there may be none, I have no
idea… but if nothing else, remember you'll have to find and build a version of
nautilus-actions that's compatible with GNOME 2.30.)

Regards,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON                        Principal UX Engineer
+353 1 803 3807                     Systems Experience Design

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.