Am 06.04.2007 um 15:54 schrieb Stephen Deasey:

> Yeah, you can buy  a licence for yourself, but you still can't release
> the driver to the public non-GPL (assuming the libs are still GPL
> only).

This is what I doubt: "assuming the libs are still GPL only"

Look: if they licensed ALL their libs as GPL then I know of
at least a dozen of commercial products that embedd (and
deliver in a shrinkwrapped package) mysql database and code.
According to that, all those guys would be actually violating
GPL? I cannot simply believe that. If this IS really true then
I peacefully accept ourselves be just one of the MANY.
But I seriously doubt so.