On 8/11/07, Vlad Seryakov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If the only problem is comments that can be done easy.
> Benefit to make config easier, if you check mailing list NS/As, most
> question are related to configuration, for web admins who is not
> familiar with Tcl this is a showstopper, plain text config would allow
> just use the server even for static pages. Tcl config is cool developers
> idea but not really practical for the admins and non-developers.

There certainly are a lot of questions about configuring the server. I
don't think I've seen one about ns_section/ns_param.

The things that are hard about configuring the server are that there
are a lot of knobs, it's not obvious what they do, or how they
interact, and there's little documentation.

Some things are hard because we are asking basically unknowable
questions, like how many threads should should there be. Who knows?

I don't think alternate syntax addresses any of these question, and
worse, it introduces all kinds of gotchas so you can no longer explain
it in a sentence as you can ns_section/ns_param.

But, it's 5 lines of code at the top of your config file so everyones
options are still open. Right?