On 06.10.2006, at 23:25, Stephen Deasey wrote:

I was wondering, do we need to rename the source man pages or move
them into their own directories according to the section they belong
to?  At the moment we just have section n, Tcl commands. But we need
section 3 for the C API.

doc/man/n
doc/man/3

We need to install them to different locations on the host system and
it would be a real pain to have to list them all individually in the
Makefile. So, we need doc/src/man/3, doc/src/man/n or we need to start
using ns_memoize.n rather than ns_memoize.man.

Better keep them in distinct directory.

Oh, and how do we handle man pages which document more than one
command, such as ns_cache or nsv?  It looks like when you refer to a
command within a man page source, it auto links to a man page by the
same name. But the ns_cache_eval command should be described in the
ns_cache.man page, so the link doesn't work.

Can doctools handle this?

This is a good question. I believe I could ask AKU who wrote doctools
how would one handle that. The same applies also to the C-API.