be sure to terminate va_* argument lists with NULL (or to be on the safe
side
with  (char*)NULL) and not with 0. when you have sizeof(int) !=
sizeof(char *),
the compiler will put a 32bit  for 0, a comparison with a 64bit null
pointer
will fail. I am pretty sure, the vsnprintf()  tries to write an error
message....
and misses the end of the var arg list....

-gustaf neumann

PS: fixed a similar issue in xotcl more than a year ago.