Hi!

I am not an expert on the topic but it seems to
me that we have numerous parameters already in
this area...

Isn't this a sign of an aged design that needs
to be re-evaluated and potentially re-written
(see Stephens latest posting about how and when
the worker threads should be handled)?

I mean, if you start to explain somebody how all
these knobs need to be adjusted, you will discover
that it is very complex. And complex things do not
hold long (my personal experience).

This is only a thought, because, as I said earlier,
I am not really an expert in this area nor do I have
any pressing needs to change anything there.
It may be that all those options are needed and cannot
be avoided with a better desing....

Cheers,
Zoran