It looks like we're enabling compression for all http/1.1 requests
regardless of whether it was specified in the request header, or even
specifically disallowed.  This seems incorrect, but the code has been in
place for several years (connio.c:CheckCompress) ;  is there a reason
not to change that?

Also on compression, a separate compression stream is pre-allocated and
initialized for each pre-allocated Conn, whether or not compression is
even enabled for the server.  The causes a fairly large initial memory
footprint.  I think this pre-initialization could be made optional, and
bypassed entirely when compression isn't enabled.  Any thoughts?

-J