Thanks Jeff and Gustaf.

I found that setting pagedir had no effect under the server section (as is
in the newly changed tests/http-test-config.tcl file) eg:

ns_section "ns/server/${server_name}"
ns_param        pagedir             $pageroot

But if I added a subsequent fastpath section and added it there instead
then it worked. Is this what would be expected?

ns_section     "ns/server/${server_name}/fastpath"
ns_param        pagedir             $pageroot