On Thu, 29 Aug 2019, Zoran Vasiljevic wrote:

I believe most logical choice is git. I'm not fan of any of
the systems, to be honest.

Yes, it seems. I am also not a fan of anyone, and much less of
this inflation of versioning systems. But I see advantages of
CVS and fossil, in quite very different issues: the first because
it saves everything as rcs files, the seccond because of its
simplicity, flexibility, everything (repo, wiki, tickets, etc)
integrated in a single sqlite file that can be moved in the file
system or to other computer as a normal file, simple commands
that also remind cvs.

I am not a professional programmer, do not have a lot of experience
with this systems, but I use fossil (not in its full power) for
my personall small programs. It is also the system used in tcl/tk
and many tcl projects.

Perhaps the following is interesting:

https://www.fossil-scm.org/xfer/doc/trunk/www/inout.wiki
https://www.fossil-scm.org/xfer/doc/trunk/www/mirrortogithub.md