On 25.08.21 11:07, Wolfgang Winkler wrote:
Thank you for your answer. I've missed the corresponding RFC 3986 part you quoted.

We have a client who, for some reason, got an error, when the @ sign of emails in the query section was not escaped. It has been solved on his side, but I was not sure what the more standard compliant version was. I've tried it myself with various libraries and clients and none hat a problem with the NaviServer version. They might use an outdated java library somewhere.

One potential problem might be, if there is a literal comparison of the result of JavaScript encodeURIComponent() with the result of ns_urlencode, or some sloppy parser.... Would it be of help for you, when we would add one more encoding table (e.g. named "js") to ns_urlencode to produce the same result as encodeURIComponent() ?

BTW: I love the nsv dicts and the ns_crypto stuff.

Great, many thanks for the feedback

-g