I think I already know the answer to this,
but I have to ask.

A product has a mix of printed circuit boards.
Some are made by the mfr, some are off the
shelf boards.  I suppose you could buy them
at a place like Fry's (big electronic store
out here). Not sure about that.

To declare GR-78 compliance, would the mfr of
said product require the mfrs of the boards
they buy from vendors be compliant with GR-78
as well?

Example - Say your company makes a PC that will go
into a CO.  The only thing your company actually
makes of the product is the box, power supplies,
and the motherboard. The product will NOT connect
directly to any telephone lines. It will connect
to the telephone line through a modem once installed
in the CO.

It's a plug and play device that accepts any type
of PCI interface card you need.  You can buy these
interface cards almost anywhere.

* Are you obligated to require ANY and ALL
  interface cards to be used in your product
  to be GR-78 compliant?

- Doug