Hi All,
I'm not sure where this question fits, so I'm sending it to all.  Excuse the
redundancy, as I'm sure many of you receive mail from all of these lists.

An interesting question came up today regarding a fantray design and using a
thermal shutdown to turn off power to the fans when it is presumed obvious
that there may be a fire.  It sounds like a great idea to me.  However, it
will be a lot easier to sell if there is a requirement somewhere to support
it.

Question: Does anyone know of a specific requirement to control fans in the
event of a fire?  This can from any source, i.e. ETSI, ANSI, or Telcordia,
etc.

Thanks and have a great weekend!
Dave Spencer
Compliance Engineer
Oresis Communications, Inc.
14670 NW Greenbrier Parkway, Beaverton, OR  97006
(503)533-0717 Dir: (503)466-6289  Fax: (503)533-8233
http://www.oresis.com  dspen...@oresis.com